  *381267 (-20)
  Re: Geekshelf is going to disappear soon

Jon, I agree that geekshelf has too much anime but I disagree that geekshelf is not a valueable resource. I have used it to store images of my college work so that it is easily accessable to my friends and family. (URL) this service can not be (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A Gentle Plea

(...) .castle. it is a project for .castle, like CW, IOM and the MM are. in fact, the MM is a part of CQ. Yes, i was overreacting there. Im not trying to say that "if it isnt my way, im leaving," but as i stated, this is meant for ,Castle. And, this (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ugh

(...) That is not a simplified view. that is what is happening. i see it, constantly. (...) I know, it is kind of stupid to compare them, mostly because one is in a mud pit and the others is on a hyperactive wine party. (...) Yes, there has been (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Heavily modified 8880 chassis, succesfully motorised and solar powered.

As a school project I'm building a small car powered by a solar panel. It should come as no big surprise that I'm doing this with lego. :) I started out with the 8880 chassis (without bodywork) motorised by an old style 9V motor. The project is (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Value of Sony Digital Still Camera MVC-FD81

I can get such one used, ok, working, 3 yrs old. Works with floppy. How much is such one worth? S (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: CAD instructions for hover car

I think I missed this the first time around. Anyway, it looks nice and sporty. I like how high the sides come up around the windshield. Good instructions. -Andrew (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: CAD instructions for racing carts

(...) I'm not familiar with those sets. Hopefully we'll see the return of Town soon. I was disappointed to come out of my dark age and find it gone. Then again, I'm developing a taste for those little pull-back motor racer sets. They've got nice (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory?

Eric (...) A switch which is normally closed at each extreme of arm movement. Across each switch is a diode. When the arm gets to the end or its travel, the switch opens. The diode now blocks current to the motor. But when you reverse the motor (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  IndyLUG meeting Sunday, February 9th

Please check our website for February meeting announcements: (URL) particular, we are meeting at Eric Smith's house instead of Steve Martin's. Eric, please send directions, as a number of us have never been there. Here are some open questions you (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Going to WAMALUG's display on Feb. 8/9

(...) It looks like Maelee and I will be going down for Saturday. We will know for sure after this weekend. It would be great if we could get together then and chat. - Jim F. (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har)

  Re: Meeting on Jan. 29

(...) Sounds good to me. Any chance to talk lego face-to-face is always welcome :) (...) Just let us know... - Jim F. (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har)

  Re: Walmart Clearance Sale

(...) Entirely :) (...) 1, please (...) 1, please (...) 1, please Thanks! I'm sorry if this means an extra trip for you! -Brian A. (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Looking for sticker scan - 6379 Riding Stable

James, Thanks for pointing that out to me. -- Bryan "James Brink" <brinkjm@purdue.edu> wrote in message news:H9JB5H.JFs@lugnet.com... (...) smaller (...) sets (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dragon's Archipelago

(...) Great, with all the psychos arguing in castle. its good that a game project has survived. I personly liked the idea of i.o.m but the game play was rubbish i would love to be a part of this game, as a player or a G.M . (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Rechargeable Battery question.

(...) These toothbrushes work like ordinary transformers. A normal transformer consists of two inductances, one generates the magnetic field from a ac source and the other one generates ac from the magnetic field. In the toothbrush one inductance is (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

You might take apart javastorms: http:/www.javastorms.org They've implemented LNP using javax.comm. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Need for rect primitive with two or one edge?

(...) The Rectangle with 2 Parallel Edges (rect2p.dat) was already on the Parts Tracker. I've just added rect2a.dat (Rectangle with 2 Adjacent Edges) and rect1.dat (Rectangle with 1 Edge). I can't fix the zip file right now, but will try to get to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: a.c.e.r. Sprite Mech: Package suites

Thanks Andrew...the Sprite has become my new favorite desk 'whoosher', or in this case 'kathunker' (heavy footstep sound) - ;) Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: a.c.e.r. Sprite Mech: Package suites

Many thanks Kyle....the attachments are fun little numbers to work on when time is too short to start a larger project. I'd like to make a few that are interchangable between a few different models....we'll see what happens! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lego interest in South Africa

(...) Hiya Lindsay, I'll raise my hand here. Let me know what you had in mind or need, and we can definitely figure out the logistics. -Shaun (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.za)

Skipped 2 messages in group lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact