 Robotics / 20190
Re: Rechargeable Battery question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:43:10 GMT

On Friday 31 January 2003 14:27, you wrote:
My guess (from the fact that the base of mine is magnetic) is that they use
some form of inductance in the cradle to either move the brush's magnet and
generate power, or just generate from the changing field across the magnet.

These toothbrushes work like ordinary transformers. A normal transformer
consists of two inductances, one generates the magnetic field from a ac
source and the other one generates ac from the magnetic field. In the
toothbrush one inductance is in the cradle and the other one is in the brush.
The problem is, that both inductions should be magnetically coupled as tight
as possible. Transformers use one iron core for this.

Ciao,
  Till