  *376359 (-20)
  Re: A Generic Idea

That IS interesting. I don't intend building a robot out of plywood and buying controller boards, that's no challenge :P But it would be nice to adapt the serial link to the RCX and see what, if anything you could do with it! <Waits for Steve to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A Generic Idea

(...) Now there are TV remotes that are computer controlled, so we don't even have to move our opposable thumb? Technology strides ever forward :PPP How would you get the TV remote control to talk to BrickOS or the RCX software though? (...) I don't (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: hose piece in set 7146

OK, the files for the 12L hose are on the Parts Tracker. Start at (URL) to get the main file, it references the subfiles. This brings up a point (which has probably been brought up before): is there a better way to number part subfiles (like x757, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 8475 Motor Tests

(...) The limitation on the train controller is the wall wart - not the controller itself. There was discussion on this in .trains a while back. Someone built a tranformer box with about 3A output IIRC, and ran several trains with it through an (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pics of my new building

The building a bit fragile but is easy to transport, I'm building 4 more with one wing having a door in it that will all be connecting to one middle. Thank you, Evan Riskedahl (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.town)

  adding power inlet to technic control center

Before I blindly go in and screw something up because of lack of electronics knowledge, has anybody already tackled this feat? I assume its very easy with a couple of diodes (maybe too easy) to isolate the batteries from the dc input, but I have (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Need help to guesstimate the size of my collection!

Hey all, If the stars are in their proper alignment, I may be profiled on the show "Ultimate Collectors" for Home & Garden Television! I have a phone interview possibly tomorrow, after which my interviewer will pitch her story to the company. If her (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MINI's in my hands, WOW!!

Ah, well.. there is always something to complain about. I think the mini's are great all around. Really neat representations of the vehicles. Nice parts packs Cheap price (they do good on a per set basis, and a per part basis, really) I give them (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: OT: Elevator Machine Room

(...) I don't think that's unusual for this group. I myself am incredibly interested in how everything and anything works. I have: -Requested a detailed tour of a Maaco to see how my car would be fixed and repainted at Chris' brother's shop. -Asked (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: it's a Lego Jeep thing

(...) Thanks Bill. I won't be at BW03, due to a baby on the way. However, I think some SEALUGgers are going to try to send some stuff down. I think the LJ would probably make the trip best out of what I have built. (...) Like I said, "it's a lego (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Fresh Duckfish

(...) I prefer the word 'wacky'* myself, but I catch your drift ;^) Thanks. Allister ps. I didn't comment before, but I loved your star wars hoverbikes. Now do a Rebel medical frigate one :^0 *<pedantry> from the OED: zany - a. comically idiotic. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MINI's in my hands, WOW!!

(...) LOL! I just replied to that other post saying what the hell are those "other models" in the set pics. And that two are the same and look like Y-Wing engines. For some reason, the cockpit and main hull didn't make it sink in, though. Anyway, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Fresh Duckfish

(...) Would you say you canard-ly contain yourself? (...) Brilliant! Will do. Allister (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) These are really nice looking. (...) Aside: What amazed me back then was that Dan and I coincidentally worked these up; at first not knowing the other was working on a similar project! This tri-axle project is likely what really motivated me (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LEGO Star Wars Sets... (wishful thinking)

(...) The full name of the Ewok Leia befriends is "Wicket W Warwick," named after the man who plays him, Warwick Davis (i.e. the guy who also played Willow, the Leprechaun in those movies, and more recently one of the profs and a goblin in the Harry (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MINI's in my hands, WOW!!

Marz Distribution has already answered that question: Unfortunately, it appears that they have been forced (or maybe they didn't like the rush of AFOL traffic to their site?) to remove the pictures. Anyway, the sets are: Mini Falcon Mini AT-AT Mini (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Mini's!

(...) And what the heck are the other things in each of the sets supposed to be? The MF and the MTT have the same exact thing, too. They look like Y-Wing engines. jeez. -Greg "Fox" Cook (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

Hi, thanks Anrea! And your english isn't perfect, but I get the gist! ROSCO (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: All Terrain Crane

(...) Thanks Jen! Am I allowed to say "nyak, nyak" now??? 8?) (...) Well in this case, I just hung around taking photos from outside the barriers, and Andy saw me and invited me up! I've had not so pleasant experiences asking other crane drivers (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pics of my new building

Evan Riskedahl wrote in message ... (...) Nice job on the sloped side, Evan - looks good! Do you find the stacks of windscreens stay together OK, or are they a bit fragile? Kevin ---...--- NEW Half-Timbered Shops kit 1400+++ pieces! (URL) TOWN (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact