 CAD / 9163
Re: hose piece in set 7146
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 01:03:06 GMT

OK, the files for the 12L hose are on the Parts Tracker.  Start at
   <http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x758c01.dat>
to get the main file, it references the subfiles.

This brings up a point (which has probably been brought up before): is there
a better way to number part subfiles (like x757, x758, etc) which represent
only a portion of an actual TLC sku-able element?

This hose is cast in a single mold (in two stages -- first the end caps,
then the rubber portion), so it's fairly unlikely TLC has ID numbers for the
caps and the rubber 'hose'.  Maybe we should consider using an Sxx suffix
for subfiles of this type?

So the files I just submitted, x757, x758, x758c01, x759, and x760, would
become:

x758c01 -> x757c01
x757    -> x757s01
x758    -> x757s02
x759    -> x757s03
x760    -> x757s04

Thoughts?

Steve

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Would you do this so we can use it with that emacs program to make beziers?

Greetingz...

Sjaacko

"Thomas Burger" <tburger34@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Thomas Burger wrote:

has anyone made the hose part in set 7146?

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x131

I started to work on it, once upon a time.  If no one else has done
anything, I can dig it up.

Steve

YES PLEASE! i can finish it up, just email it to mesteve thanks