 Znap / *253 (-10)
  New MOC: DYAD

This MOC started out as a self propelled Znap wheel about two years ago. You can see a movie of the original (URL) here>. About a month ago, I decided to see if I could build a similar wheel, but make it steerable. My first attempts were wobbly (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: My bridge

(...) That's a neat bridge Brian! With regard to sag, I wouldn't worry - you'd be surprised how much real bridges deflect under load! ROSCO (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: My bridge

(...) Looks great. As far as the "sagging" goes, use more diagonals in the boxes under the arches. That should help it. (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) Hello Brian, The NBLTC has displayed with two such bridges, both made of technic though. The first one is of an arched design and spans 6 straight track lengths. I can vouch for it's strength as my 2 year old daughter tried to walk accross it (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  My bridge

Thanks, everyone, for showing me some of the bridges you've made. Here are some photos of what I finally came up with: (URL) uses nearly all the black and green Znap that I have. It sags a little when a train's going over it, but I ran the heaviest (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

Brian, Here's my znap bridge I did. It's pretty sturdy, albeit somewhat heavy as well due to the amount of plates I used on the base.. It's a double 6-wide train bridge. The trick that I did was using the 2x2 brick and half stud pieces combined with (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:H96p3M.I6q@lugnet.com... (...) run (...) Here are a couple of pictures of the ZNAP bridges Cary built along with one I built. (URL) built the two bridges that cary the trains across the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) Well, Brian, I can say one of my 60 inch long ZNAP bridge twisted and collapse at a train show, with the GFLTC (no pics). Two trains fell 30+ inches to the ground out side in the dirt! The best bet for a ZNAP bridge is to support the track on (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) Well there's Wayne Hussey's bridge which was built out of znap (URL) it's a bit longer than you need, but I imagine it would've been impossible to use if it had a twisting problem. Maybe you could adapt his deck construction technique? Also I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

Here is one photo of my lift bridge that has a 32" span (approximately): (URL) holds up very well, and i assume that you could make it even longer if you needed to. -Rob www.cei.net/~rhendrix/lego.html www.msltc.org "Brian Kendig" (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact