 Western/Wild West / *847 (-10)
Subject:
Western Train with instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 03:15:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

I thought that it might be nice to do something for the community to finish of 2009. So I’ve begun a project to develop a Western Train along with some instructions.

BS

Instructions (as MPD)

I’ll be adding new posts when I complete new stock so check back regularly.

Hope you enjoy it and may 2009 be a great year.

Tim

Re: MOC: The Old West
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:18:59 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Michael Huffman wrote:
   Just wanted to share my Old West town created for the Festival of the Masters event, taken place at Downtown Disney, in Orlando, Florida:

That’s a nice scene, I like the way the row of round plates 1x1 work near the top of the brown building white the blue boardwalk canopy, and I like the brown two-toned boardwalk canopy on the far right.

Please inform Scott Miller that I’ve made two simple changes to my own copy of the set #10015 / set #4534 passenger wagon, i feel this improves it’s appearence considerably:
  • replace the red roof plates and tiles by brown plates and tiles
  • shorten the boogies by one stud (using a partwise cheap and relative simple adaptation)
For details, see http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=49884

Re: MOC: The Old West
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:27:17 GMT

A simple and beautiful diorama. Very nice work capturing a complete scene.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

MOC: The Old West
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.western
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:51:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Just wanted to share my Old West town created for the Festival of the Masters event, taken place at Downtown Disney, in Orlando, Florida:

(photo by Joe Meno)

(photo by Todd Thuma)

(photo by brickbuilder711)

The Old West town was a collaboration effort, the steam engine, tender & passenger car was build by Scott Miller, fellow GFLUG member.

As you can tell, it’s been modified a bit since my original upload to Flickr... all it’s missing is some cows. :)

Enjoy,
--Mike.

Subject:
Happy Halloween
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.western, lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:34:26 GMT

Just spreading a little holiday fear!

Subject:
MOC's: House of Ill Repute & General Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:36:10 GMT

Hey all,

Hope y'all en-joy these "Deadwood" inspired dioramas!

<<http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Corpseville.htm>>

They've been languishing on my shelf for months, dig the dust!

Dave S.

Subject:
Castle and other Historical at BrickFest™ PDX 2007 (March 30th-April 1st)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.western, lugnet.build.ancient
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 00:49:06 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Here we go again in Portland! Just over 2 months till Brickfest PDX 2007!!

Frank Filz, Brendan Mauro, and I are coordinating the Castle display along with other Historical (Pirate, Adventurers, Wild West, etc.). We’ve got plenty of room in Convention Center so we’d like to make this display bigger than the one we had at NWBC. The combined Castle display at NWBC was a huge success using CCC, Base8, and unique creations. If you’re planning on attending and depending on the theme please e-mail us, reply here, or join in the discussion over at Classic-Castle and let us know if you’re interested or not in participating in a combined display. Also please let us know what you’re planning on bringing so we can get a general idea of how much area we’re going to request. Based on the response we’re getting over at Classic-Castle this is going to be a very large combined display.

We’d like to plan for a fun time to be had by all so send us your ideas for events you’d like to see happen. We’ll have Show ‘n Tell, Castle Community Roundtable, and most likely a Landscaping discussion. Please let us know what else you’d like to do. If you’d like to do a particular session or contest just let us know and we’ll help make it happen.

We’ll most likely start a separate email list for planning the actual display so to keep the final presentation a bigger surprise. We’ve got to keep those Train guys guessing!

We’ve got plenty of time for planning and building so start brainstorming those ideas for creating one of the most exciting Castle displays ever!!!

Thomas Rafert, Frank Filz, and Brendan Mauro

BrickFest PDX 2007 Castle and Historical Coordinators

Re: Cleaning My Brickshelf Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:06:49 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:

   please consider to just move them into a seperate folder. It’s very interesting sometimes to see how someone’s building skills improved over time. You could name the folder “pre-oeuvre” or so, so everybody can compare your early buildings with your present MOCs.

Leg Godt! Rene

Hey Rene,

Thanks for your comments (and sorry for my late reply). Many of the removed MOCs will still appear in the backgrounds of layouts, so for now I’m determined to carry on...

Thanks much and God Bless,

Nathan

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

Re: Cleaning My Brickshelf Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:32:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd wrote:
Hey all,

I have decided to clean out all the older MOCs from my Brickshelf Gallery

Hi Nathan,

please consider to just move them into a seperate folder. It's very interesting
sometimes to see how someone's building skills improved over time. You could
name the folder "pre-oeuvre" or so, so everybody can compare your early
buildings with your present MOCs.

Leg Godt!
Rene

Subject:
Cleaning My Brickshelf Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:16:59 GMT

Hey all,

I have decided to clean out all the older MOCs from my Brickshelf Gallery as I am ashamed by their quality and I hope to make room for new and improved ones. The ones being cut are mainly old CC entries and Medieval Marketplace Standard MOCs. Most of them will still be visible in folders featuring whole layouts, it is only the folders containing the individual buildings that are being deleted. Here is a quick list of the items that will be going in case anyone wants to look at anything before it vanishes off-line:

God Bless all,

Nathan

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact