 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 32
Re: We Did It!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:02:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Thomas Michon writes:
Tim -

Sounds cool. I like the idea of two rows of the giant blue windshields. That
probably means though that you should make the vertical section at least
14-6 in diameter and a lot taller, or else something will look out of
proportion. After I built my tower, I saw pictures of the minifig-scale
control tower in LEGOLAND Billund and realized how dinky mine looked. For a
future revision of my tower, I'll probably make the control section wide
enough for people to reasonably fit, and so I can fit what should be the
elevator access. Right now if I put a 6 x6 square for the elevator shaft,
minifigs could not realistically move around the top of the tower!

It's amusing to find out we had the same ideas on our mind about the
military air base thing. I had to come up with an excuse as to why it didn't
look friendly for my parents. You were just going off of fact =).

- Thomas

I've been up in the tower here in Vancouver a few years back. I'd guess
right now that they probably wouldn't let any members of the public up there
with the new security mesaures. The elevator ride up is bland (no windows),
in fact it was to small to fit the 10 members of my group we had to get up
there in two sets. There are actaully two levels to the tower, I think
there's some sort of kitchen/washrooms/office space in the lower parts that
are below the control centre. You have to go up some stairs and then you're
in the control room. The entrance isn't that noticable and if you were
standing one the other side of the room, you woldn't notice it because it's
hidden by equipment in the centre of the room. So I think it's perfectly
fine to have a really small elevator shaft. Though I think if you look at
the picture of the tower that the lego club in Georgia? built I think it
looks really large, almost office tower like compared to the terminal. I
think I should findout where I can get more of those control tower windows
before I start thinking too big.

-Tim