 General / 35020
Subject:
We Did It!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 05:33:31 GMT

After many, many months of getting people to join in, planning and building,
Southern California REALLY DOES HAVE  A LEGO TRAIN CLUB!  Our participation
at this weekend's GATS in Anaheim, CA proved to be very successful and we
came out with a first place award for our work.  As expected, like many
others, a most common response heard was "I didn't know LEGO made
trains???".  People there were very intrigued with the creations and, as
expected, the kids there went nuts.  We began with lots of info fliers of
the club at opening on Saturday and before Sunday was over we were out
(Post-It (tm) to the rescue).  Set up and take down went very smoothly, with
some of the expected first time glitches during operation (rail yard a bit
small) but managed well.  A rendition of this GATS layout is available
through our site (http://www.scltc.org/pages/layouts/gatsjanuary2002.htm)
but photos won't be up for some time (best guess is about a week).  A notice
will be posted  on .trains as soon as they are.

Adrian Egli

Re: We Did It!
[...]

Adrian,

Congratulations to you and the rest of the SCLTC crew. Train shows are a blast.
The layout give the impression of a number of interesting buildings.  I look
forward to seeing the pictures.

-Jason

Jason Spears
Michlug - http://www.michlug.org/
Lego Page - http://www.geocities.com/spearjr/brickcentral.html
Brickbay Store - http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=jrspears

Re: We Did It!
I can't wait to see the pics! Any idea of how many people were in
attendence. I can imagain that a GATs in a large metro area like LA or NY
could be 5x what we get in the smaller cities.

Although we're all eager to see the pics, take all the time you need to get
them up on the site!  ;D

SteveB

[...]

Why can't Sacramento have one of these...? I'd be willing to join. : '(

--
Markham Carroll

Re: We Did It!
I saw your pics on brickshelf was amazed! Do you have anymore detail pics of
the airport? For our last display at a local mall I was responsible for an
airport for a static display. Are the planes and terminal minifig scale?
While my next one might not be as big as that one I'll try to keep to
minifig scale. I realaise that you might not be ther person to ask but I'm
hoping the person/people that made it will reply.

-Tim Tosino