 Trains / Train Organizations / NILTC / 72
Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 04:38:50 GMT

Well the whole NILTC club was very pleased ( and a few members surprised) to
receive a visit by John Gerlach at our Thomas show today.  He stayed for only a
few hours but it was a real blast!  The highlights included:

a. Joint NILTC/GMLTC 8-wide freight train 16 feet long !

b. John's rebuilt challenger making the entire 20'x25' layout circuit without
any help from the old 0-5-0 switcher.

c. Seeing John's challenger and my Frisco 1630 (the prototype actually operating
at the museum during our show) posing on a bridge together.  Pictures are coming
soon at www.NILTC.org but this scene actually felt like heavy steam.

- BMW, NILTC