 Announcements / 2196

Subject:
NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:38:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The Northern Illinois LEGO® Train Club is showing at the Day Out with Thomas
event at the Illinois Railway Museum this weekend and next.

Show dates are:

August 15-17,23-24.

For more details, see the Illinois Railway Museum site at http://www.irm.org.
Their site is confusing - since they usually don't charge for admission to the
grounds (donations only, I think) I am confused if the admission price applies
to everyone, or just people wanting to ride the Thomas train. If you are coming,
you can contact Ondrew Hartigan at (630) 301-2998 for arrangements to get in.

Hope to see you there!

-Tim

Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24
lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 03:02:18 GMT

Photos are available hear:
enjoy,
ondrew

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

In lugnet.announce, Tim Courtney wrote:
The Northern Illinois LEGO® Train Club is showing at the Day Out with Thomas
event at the Illinois Railway Museum this weekend and next.

Show dates are:

August 15-17,23-24.

For more details, see the Illinois Railway Museum site at http://www.irm.org.
Their site is confusing - since they usually don't charge for admission to the
grounds (donations only, I think) I am confused if the admission price applies
to everyone, or just people wanting to ride the Thomas train. If you are coming,
you can contact Ondrew Hartigan at (630) 301-2998 for arrangements to get in.

Hope to see you there!

-Tim

Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24
lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:53:57 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Tim Courtney wrote:
The Northern Illinois LEGO® Train Club is showing at the Day Out with Thomas
event at the Illinois Railway Museum this weekend and next.

Show dates are:

August 15-17,23-24.

For more details, see the Illinois Railway Museum site at http://www.irm.org.
Their site is confusing - since they usually don't charge for admission to the
grounds (donations only, I think) I am confused if the admission price applies
to everyone, or just people wanting to ride the Thomas train. If you are coming,
you can contact Ondrew Hartigan at (630) 301-2998 for arrangements to get in.

Hope to see you there!

-Tim

What is the NILTC club policy on "guest trains"?  If someone were to say, make a
road trip, and brought a train (8-wide, of course) - could they run it on your
layout?

Great pics, btw - lots and lots of fun 'eye candy', and great work modelling the
rolling stock there at the museum!

JohnG, GMLTC

Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24