 Trains / Train Organizations / NILTC / 70
Re: NILTC Show at Illinois Railway Museum - Aug 15-17 and Aug 23-24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:40:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.niltc, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains.org.niltc, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
if anybody is watching or seems to be interested we made the paper.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Kenn/Trains/NILTC/Thomas/1-pre-event/herald_article_small.jpg

Thanks for sharing! (yes, we're watching and yes we're interested).

The article doesn't make more than the usual number of errors  (BrickLink.com as
a source for "LEGOS" ...) but I do wish the media would give up on the "adults
playing with kids toys" angle, it gets a little tiresome.

If some LEGO sets are badged 9-99 then they aren't "kids toys", are they? :-)

I suppose it's up to us to change that impression when we give interviews. If we
(collectively) make a conscious effort to say they are not just for kids,
perhaps it will change over time?

-Tim