 Trains / Train Organizations / 2874
Re: Questions about doing a museum show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:03:11 GMT

Gail Meagher wrote:
[...]
I'm also curious about how many train motors we might go through.  I know
motor life will vary depending on many things (track design, weight of
train etc.), but does anyone have a rough idea for how many motors we • [...]

Gail Meagher
NovaLUG

[...]

Gail,

From a person working at the SEE Science Center in Manchester NH where
a LEGO railroad is running through a 19th century mill city. Motors will
last "1-3 weeks. That is at 5 hours a day 7 days a week." So, a way to
run the engines only when people are present seems like the way to go,
but I don't have any information for doing that.

Good Luck!
Chris
--
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/