 Trains / Train Organizations / 2482
Re: COLTC Mall at Tuttle Crossing Show Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:20:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Ken Koleda wrote:

There seems to be a wind powered generator, but I don't see any very good shots
of it.  Are there more, did I miss it/them?
Is it something else?

Ken

Mike Gallagher (windmill builder) asked me to post this on his behalf:

I just put up some detailed pictures of the Wind Mill
I had at the Lego's Cleveland Road Show and Tuttle
Mall.

I made some deconstruction photos to show some of the
detail of how it was made, and how I was able to use
the quarter panels for the main support. Witch I
placed a truss up the middle of. The gearbox worked
great for both shows, just minor wear on 2 of the 4
gears. It should have no problem making it through
Daytonís GATS show later this year. The blades just
slide on the main axle and are only held on by its
weight. I then placed a large radar dish over the end
of the axle for the finial touch. The only difference
at this time from the last 2 shows was I had our COLTC
logo on both sides of the outside of the gearbox and
the American flag shop at home is giving out on the
back.

Happy Lego-ing

Mike