 Trains / Train Organizations / 2483
Re: Question to all the other train clubs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:50:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach wrote:

Hi John,

you got by far more feedback, than lots of other requests in lugnet.trains get in average.

Is it asked for too much, if I beg you, to give us some more informations about your thoughts on our suggestions/analysis/experiences/points of views?

I would be really interested, if any of these answers were helpful to you and gave you new ideas. What is the change in your plans, which might have been caused due to these answers?

Leg Godt!

Ben

   Our train club is stagnating. Hardly anyone shows up to our building sessions, and productivity has dropped to almost nothing. We’ve lost direction, we’ve lost enthusiasm, we’ve lost committment.

Help?!

What can our club do to make things fun again? I’m sick of asking and asking for people to actually show up and get stuff done. And the few of us that actually try to get things built are sick of being the only people doing the work, especially since our club is known for its talented builders.

I’m just about ready to walk away for a long hiatus... There was a time when we were one of the premier LTCs in the country, but now a LOT of groups have long passed what we’re doing. We’re basically becoming a second-tier club.

Suggestions, anyone? We need help!

JohnG