 Trains / 5329
Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 22:05:21 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.trains, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
We need to hear the provenance of these scans. This "it's a hoax, it
isn't a hoax" frenzy that always breaks out drives me crazy. If they're
leaked Todd isn't going to be happy about it or that we're discussing it,
either.

Indeed. I think Todd is sleeping right now, isn't he? I really don't know
if it is or not, but until we know for sure, I am going to assume they are
real. It would be nice, however.

Ya, got to bed really late last night and only woke up about 3 hours ago.
This was the first thing Suzanne & I talked about today -- we had a good
laugh.  I hate to use the word "hoax" because "April Fool's Joke" is probably
much more appropriate, but it's clear to us (in our minds) that these images
are beyond the shadow of a doubt simply a good-natured April Fool's Day joke
from someone who can build some really nice things (but isn't a very good
photographer or image-editor).

IMHO, these are just "real" enough to cause a modicum of belief, yet crufty
enough from an image-details point of view that people won't be upset when
the truth comes out from whoever did this (because it was obvious enough) --

I look forward to seeing what they'll come up with next year!  This is an MOC
milestone for the community, methinks.

--Todd