 Trains / 5301
Re: Proof of a Hoax? (was: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:46:11 GMT

Christopher Tracey <ctracey@wamalug.org> wrote:

Jeff Stembel wrote:
Yet more proof:  I had a friend match up the "digital points" to see if they
where, in fact, mirrored.  And guess what?  They were!  Feel free to try it
yourself...

Here's the mirror proof:
I took the images of the points from the 'leaked' catalog and cut them out
into separate files.  I mirrored one of them.  I then dropped the red and
green components from one and the green and blue from the other.  I then
put the opacity of one to 50% while leaving the other opaque.  The
transparent one was placed on top of the other.  Any pixel that is the same
will turn up
purplish, while a different one will be either red or blue.

...lol... yea.. simple! :-)

...Chris, u have too much time on ur hands! :-)

My conclusion
was that the images were exactly the same and appeared in the 'catalog' as
mirror images of the same photo.  Here are the results:

I don't believe this proves that the images are a fake.  I have seen
catalogs where they use mirror images to illustrate left/right versions
of a product.  Make your own conclusions.

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com