 Trains / 5281
Re: Proof of a Hoax? (was: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:01:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Jeff Stembel wrote:
Yet more proof:  I had a friend match up the "digital points" to see if they
where, in fact, mirrored.  And guess what?  They were!  Feel free to try it
yourself...

Here's the mirror proof:
I took the images of the points from the 'leaked' catalog and cut them out
into separate files.  I mirrored one of them.  I then dropped the red and
green components from one and the green and blue from the other.  I then
put the opacity of one to 50% while leaving the other opaque.  The
transparent one was placed on top of the other.  Any pixel that is the same
will turn up
purplish, while a different one will be either red or blue.  My conclusion
was that the images were exactly the same and appeared in the 'catalog' as
mirror images of the same photo.  Here are the results:

I don't believe this proves that the images are a fake.  I have seen
catalogs where they use mirror images to illustrate left/right versions
of a product.  Make your own conclusions.

-Chris