 Trains / 5275

Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:33:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I'm afraid that I must go with the hoax theory.  Here's why:

1)  This appears to be Paul Rutenberg's first ever Lugnet post, and he has a
hotmail address to boot.

2)  His homepage (once translated with babelfish) is decidedly non-Lego.
There are some legoish links but these all wind up in a stock Tripod
shopping page.

3)  Those big silver wheels...I'm planning to use these in a MOC of my own
soon.  I got the idea from Ben Fleskes' SP&S 700 engine
(http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/1857/700.htm).  Make those
wheels black and chrome the rims (which is, I admit, a neat trick in itself)
and see if you don't have a match.

4)  Yeah, it's a bad angle, but that round tile atop the 4460 looks
suspiciously like the imperial logo tile used in the Tie Fighter.

5)  Look closely at the stations door.  For starters, it will never open
thanks to the arch that straddles it.  There's also the little matter of the
brick wall behind the door.  When has TLC ever created a minifig scale
building with no interior access?

6)  Those fences on the station are nifty, but when has TLC ever (in the
minifig era) built a fence out of real elements vs. using prefab fence
sections?

7)  Take a very close look at the rails on the half and quarter track
sections.  You can clearly see the spots where they were cut and
reassembled.

Now, having said all that....

THESE ARE GREAT!!!  I hope the builder treats us to more (and better)
pictures of these creations.

Will

Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services
www.crosswinds.net/~hokie

Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn