 Trains / 5348
Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 15:22:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
This could just be the set-up, with the obligatory "April Fool's!" comming
tomorrow...

Jeff

So should the finger pointing start ... ?

I point to ... :

The Guild of Bricksmiths[tm], a “band of LEGO Fans who have become concerned
at the dearth of high quality kits available and decided to do
something about it”...

While we're capable of work this good, or better(1), it would be coming from
me, based on our current guild membership, and I don't do eurotrash. Even old,
cute eurotrash. I also don't hack on bricks (which would be necessary to do the
wheels) and our graphics guy, while insanely great(2), isn't good enough to
doctor images to this level (scanner flaws and all!)

So no. The GoB is very real but this is not our work. We also would never ever
claim that it was TLC created, (but let me go review our disclaimers), we'd be
trumpeting it as our own. We don't violate TLC copyrights and trade dress.

Wait. We'll be topping this. Just wait.

1 - no false modesty necessary

2 - he *is* a mac guy so I think insanely great fits...

++Lar