 Trains / 5266
Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:36:41 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.trains, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
< cross posted to Dear-LEGO >

and I set the FUT there too.

Dear Brad,

In lugnet.trains, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hello
Look at following link, about time we get something before the USA, gtfthis • is
a scan of of upcoming sets for Lego end of the year, YEAHHHHHHHHH:
http://members.tripod.de/legoit/herbst2000.html

I'm still hoping for it not to be. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Lego, if it's a
fake, take the lead and do something good for us for a change.

Rich

Well, if it is fake or not, it sure has attracted many people, and I hope
TLC sees this. This is what we would really like to see in train sets. Sets
like these have the possibilities and parts needed for everyones imagination
to flourish and grow. Whatever the case, i hope some good comes out of this.

Indeed. These sets get a number of things right: More subdued colors (lots of
dark grey, brown, tan and green), more realism, less juniorization, additional
options for power, more use of train windows, and more options for track
layouts thanks to the shortened track pieces.

If they're hoaxes, get your designers cracking and get us something nearly as
good. If they're for real, congratuations and thank you for listening.

As I said, Train heads buy a lot of stuff. We're nutty that way. Since you've
gotten the Star Wars heads hooked up (and hopefully made lots of money doing
so) we were a natural market. And DCC (Digital Command Control) means you're
going to be taken a lot more seriously.

Just fix the turnout geometry, come out with a new larger radius of track in
addition to 4520, and make sure some of these parts are available in spares or
bulk, and we'll go from ecstatic to delerious.

++Lar
Member, Guild of Bricksmiths