 Trains / 5256
  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) If this is a prototype, why is it in German? Wouldnt the danish do it in Danish first, or at least english? Why would we see a leak in German first? Any history of sets coming out in Germany before anywhere else? Or German only sets? Also, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) is (...) Trains are designed in Germany. 3225 was. If this is for real, it is somehow connected with a DB (Deutsches Bahn, the German nationalized railways) promotion. (...) These are all the same question. (...) Yes. 3225 recently. most of (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) is (...) In my opinion, yes. In 1981, I eleven years old on a Europe trip with my family. We were in Germany, soon to travel to Denmark to visit LEGOLAND, Billund. In Germany, my family went to a toy shop where I saw the 7820 red Mail Waggon. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) It's also a promotion for the Verkhers- und Technikmuseum in Berlin (if it is real, that is). There is a reference to a contest on the first scan. It should be easy to ask either of them to verify if it is real. Of course, if this is still a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) Could this in itself be a problem that Lego wouldnt not want to encourage? i.e the sets are too German. By that I mean too localised (nothing specific against the Germans I would like to point out). If lego want to sell sets on the world stage (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) I see your point but I would point out the following items to ponder: - Germany has the highest per capita brick consumption with 95+% or some such households with kids having TLC products. - Germany is a large market (almost 1/2 the US size), (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) <snip> (...) I don't agree one bit. While I might not know what UK train rolling stock looks like, (but I do,) that would not deter me one bit. For any new train enthusiest in Lego Train, anything you can get your hands on is a good thing. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) I'd also add that German prototypes probably have the most world recognition from a model perspective because of the dominance of the German model railroad industry (for example, most people, myself included, commonly refer to G scale as LGB (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

I think that most all of the first-round of gray-track 12v era sets were modeled after German trains. The 7745 red/black/white 12v passenger train broke the mold in year 1987(?). Recognition and target product to the primary audience would be my (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)