 Trains / 5256
Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:53:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hello
Look at following link, about time we get something before the USA, gtfthis is
a scan of of upcoming sets for Lego end of the year, YEAHHHHHHHHH:
http://members.tripod.de/legoit/herbst2000.html

A happy 9V Trasin Collector and builder
Paul

If this is a prototype, why is it in German?
Wouldnt the danish do it in Danish first, or at least english?

Why would we see a leak in German first?

Any history of sets coming out in Germany before anywhere else? Or German only
sets?

Also, given recent train history with lego, focused on more modern, stylisted,
juniorised trains, why would they revert to seniorised old sets?
Well, I guess that digital trains are aimed at an older audience who would
appreciate these models.
But I am surprised there is not a modern hi-tech, hi-speed european train in
there like TCV or Eurostar

I want this to be true as a train fan, but april 1st is too co-incedental
Would not be surprised by 'april fool' post from Paul Rutenberg

regards
lawrence

In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
In lugnet.trains, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hello
Look at following link, about time we get something before the USA, gtfthis • is
a scan of of upcoming sets for Lego end of the year, YEAHHHHHHHHH:
http://members.tripod.de/legoit/herbst2000.html

A happy 9V Trasin Collector and builder
Paul

If this is a prototype, why is it in German?

Trains are designed in Germany. 3225 was. If this is for real, it is somehow
connected with a DB (Deutsches Bahn, the German nationalized railways)
promotion.

Wouldnt the danish do it in Danish first, or at least english?

Why would we see a leak in German first?

These are all the same question.

Any history of sets coming out in Germany before anywhere else? Or German only
sets?

Yes. 3225 recently. most of the 12V line in the farther past.

Also, given recent train history with lego, focused on more modern, stylisted,
juniorised trains, why would they revert to seniorised old sets?

Because they got a clue? That's what I am hoping for, anyway... I want to give
them the benefit of the doubt, that if we whack them over the head enough
times, eventually they get it.

They realized that train heads spend more (per head) than anyone else and if
there is a place for adult specialty marketing, trains is it. This, after all,
is what we have been telling them in these forums, and more importantly, behind
the scenes (from as high as the office of the president of the NMRA) for at
least a year now.

I could be wrong. *IF* this is a hoax, it's a cruel one. And one that took a
lot of work.

++Lar

Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
In lugnet.trains, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hello
Look at following link, about time we get something before the USA, gtfthis • is
a scan of of upcoming sets for Lego end of the year, YEAHHHHHHHHH:
http://members.tripod.de/legoit/herbst2000.html

A happy 9V Trasin Collector and builder
Paul

If this is a prototype, why is it in German?
Wouldnt the danish do it in Danish first, or at least english?

Why would we see a leak in German first?

Any history of sets coming out in Germany before anywhere else? Or German only
sets?

In my opinion, yes.  In 1981, I eleven years old on a Europe trip with my
family.  We were in Germany, soon to travel to Denmark to visit LEGOLAND,
Billund.  In Germany, my family went to a toy shop where I saw the 7820 red
Mail Waggon.  Knowing that we would soon be in LEGOLAND, my parents opted to
wait to get me any LEGO train sets until then.  Poor choice, for LEGOLAND had
not yet received any of the gray-track 12v trains at all.  Germany was first to
get them.  Don't know if toy shops in Denmark got them before LEGOLAND, or not.
We reasoned that "normal" retail toy outlets may get them first due to wider
market availability.  Or, that perhaps LEGO considered Germany a "better"
market for sales.  Dunno.

Also, given recent train history with lego, focused on more modern, stylisted,
juniorised trains, why would they revert to seniorised old sets?
Well, I guess that digital trains are aimed at an older audience who would
appreciate these models.
But I am surprised there is not a modern hi-tech, hi-speed european train in
there like TCV or Eurostar

I'd like to see this type of train, too.  As long as most of the "new" models
are German, perhaps the ICE-3.  I have mulled that design over for months.  The
nose of the ICE-3 is just TOO sleek for any design concept my pidly brain can
imagine.   But, that's the challenge I love, so I don't know if I'd want to see
an entire dedicated one-specialized-piece to build the front of an ICE-3. Then,
again, if there were, I'm sure I'd buy it....

later,
James Mathis

Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn