 Trains / 5253
Re: April 1st sometime in the world ... ? (Re: New Trains)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:25:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After having another look, I am not too sure now, I am stuck in-between. You
guys are going to have to connive me.

If this is the True Lego picture

It would be great, but why is there some mistakes in the picture. I now
believe that this is a hoax for April 1st or it has been leaked out of Lego
and somebody has tempered with it.

I also believe it's a prototype for the new trains, the are so many new
parts in the pictures. Like the train wheels and different colour parts,
also like Larry said you might as well use old stickers and things before
you make the final product. A common example was the 8448 Super car, I have
prototype pictures for these.

So I am pointing to the direction that there is light at the end of the
tunnel for the train fans like Larry and his friends. And I will enjoy it
these do come out.

--
Michael
- - -

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message
"Michael Edwards" <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> writes:

THIS IS A HOAX

Feel free to call me gullible, but I believe this is real.  The layout
of the ads are different than what we are used to, but I would
attribute that to it being a Deutsche Bahn promotion catalogue, or
something to that effect.  At least the text in the yellow triangle
appears to refer to some sort of contest.

We recently had a "TINE LEGO milk truck" promotion in Norway, and the
layout of the ad folder was totally non-LEGO like.

How could someone fake those new train wheels, say?  Sure, they could
have been faked, but it would have taken much effort from the one
doing the fake.

I think the train people can look forward to a bright future!

Fredrik (gullible)