 Trains / 31375
  Re: The newer magnets...

(...) Hi Matt, welcome (back) in the zombie group.... :-) I have just tested a couple of waggons (10 new + 5 old to be exactely) for magnet power: when pulling apart a train of waggons equipped with different magnet systems I find no clear answer: (...) (13 years ago, 19-Sep-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The newer magnets...

(...) A couple of our NALUG members have used some small rare earth magnets that they bought. You put one between the regular LEGO couplers and they make the join much stronger. Both of them like long trains, and both build detailed (and heavy) (...) (13 years ago, 19-Sep-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The newer magnets...

(...) That's the biggest problem with the new magnets, the buffers are integrated. It would have been so much more versatile if the cross bar had studs where the buffers go and then the actual round buffer be a separate part, e.g., (URL) (13 years ago, 29-Sep-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The newer magnets...

(...) American trains (my preferred subject to model) don't have buffers. This is the reason I'll be sticking to the old couplers for the foreseeable future. At least until Big Ben Bricks, ME Models, or some one else comes out with a suitable (...) (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)