 Trains / 30696
    Pennsylvania RR H10s Power Functions Based Steam Engine —Cale Leiphart
   I was waiting until the release of (URL) #5> to post this. So now that it's out I present. Pennsylvania RR #7688 (2 URLs) Pennsylvania RR #7688 was built by Lima Locomotive Works in September 1915. She was one of 445 H10s class 2-8-0 Consolidations (...) (15 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

        Re: Pennsylvania RR H10s Power Functions Based Steam Engine —Scott Wardlaw
     Very nice! I'm impressed at how you hid the PF battery box and components. I've tried running the current PF setup in my modern locomotives, but with the non-variable controller it is very rough going. BTW, nice articles and pictures in RailBricks. (...) (15 years ago, 16-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Pennsylvania RR H10s Power Functions Based Steam Engine —Cale Leiphart
     (...) That is the downside of doing things with the current PF parts. I'm hopping that when the new train specific stuff come out that it will be a pretty simple retrofit. And if I can I'd like to work the new smaller rechargeable battery that's so (...) (15 years ago, 16-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Pennsylvania RR H10s Power Functions Based Steam Engine —Timothy Gould
   (...) --snip-- (...) --snip-- (...) Excellent variation of using PFS. We're really beginning to see the potential of this system. When I spotted the two motors in your instructions I was immediately sold. Great work making it all look pretty. Tim (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Pennsylvania RR H10s Power Functions Based Steam Engine —Cale Leiphart
   (...) Thanks I agree. There is some great potential in the new Power Functions system. I'm looking forward to the seeing the new train specific elements. Cale (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)