 Trains / 30482
Re: The Blue Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 14:14:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Carl Greatrix wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Matija Puzar wrote:
   Here is my first attept at making a steam engine, the more-or-less famous Blue Train (cars still to come):

More info & pics of the original engine and the model can be found at MOCpages

Cheers,
Matija

I’m really liking this also...lots of detail and nice building techniques, inparticluar the main boiler shape. The whole thing reminds me of the 9F I’ve just built in many ways.

Carl

This is a great MOC and I love the colors. As others have mentioned, the white on the drivers really sets them off. Was that paint, white-out, white ink, other? I like the way you shrouded the rear wheels. A very nice touch. The boiler design is something I haven’t seen before. Very interesting. Are the rubber bands there for any support function or are they just being used as decoration? Again, great work. For a first attempt at a steam engine, I’d say you absolutely nailed it. You definitely have some talent for building steamies. I can’t wait to see your future work.

Best Regards, Dave

ToT-LUG