 Trains / 29574
Re: Jupiter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:03:03 GMT

Tasty MOC, Tony:-d I’d to see it run IRL! I really love 4-4-0s. You should include links to pics of the Jupiter and #119 so people can see what a remarkable recreation you have made.

Well done,

JOHN

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:
   On May 10, 1869 a famous meeting took place between two locomotives at Promotory Point, Utah, at the Golden Spike Ceremony which celebrated the completion of the First Transcontinental Railroad over the United States. These two locomotives were Union Pacific’s #119 and Central Pacific’s #60, better known as The Jupiter.