 Trains / 29579
Re: Jupiter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:04:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   Tasty MOC, Tony:-d I’d to see it run IRL! I really love 4-4-0s. You should include links to pics of the Jupiter and #119 so people can see what a remarkable recreation you have made.

Well done,

JOHN

Thanks John! Well, you’ll be able to see my 4-4-0 run IRL when we finally meet at a show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savatheaggie/236254790/

Since I based Jupiter off of this one, they run the same. It’s kinda funny to watch it take corners, it seems to ‘snap’ into and out of turns more than most of my other locos.

As far as the real Jupiter and #119, I included a link to the Wikipedia page for Jupiter, but I didn’t specifically point it out, so I’ll do so now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_(locomotive)

Specifically

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CP_steam_loco.jpg

And here are a few more pics of The Jupiter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vehicular/318054902/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/focalplane/78074740/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjanean/85899241/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62818453@N00/301708428/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdngtchr/481974741/

And here’s a few pics of #119 (and in a few, the Jupiter in a different livery for some reason)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mister_goleta/492224488/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mister_goleta/492230588/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vehicular/318054904/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/focalplane/78075539/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/focalplane/78074557/

I don’t know if I’ll ever build it. It’s so very similar to my other 4-4-0, but then again it’s a very historic locomotive. I’d love to do one more small locomotive, so it’s either this one, or a ten wheeler based off the Grapevine Railroad’s “Puffy” or a 2-6-0 after the “Chatanooga Choo Choo”.

--Tony