 Trains / 28803
Re: 10183 Hobby Train Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:30:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote:

<snip>

   (....) its success is also a clear sign that 9v Electric trains should be saved.

Really? I don’t see the connection here, Eric. Why would TLG equate the success of this set with an endorsement of the 9 volt system? I’d like to think that there is some definitive way to express this sentiment, but I don’t see how in this case, or any case, except the flat out purchasing of 9volt track, motors, and transformers, and, of course, sets that contain those particular elements. And even then, they might have already made the decision to discontinue 9volt anyway, and would be grateful for the help reducing excess inventory of discontinued product.

JOHN