 Trains / 26571
Re: modding the new IR trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:41:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
   I believe that there is a rather large battery box cavity in the interior of the engine above the base plate. Whats nice is that you get to this cavity via the bottom of the train thru the hanging tank.

So you have the 6x8 “tank” below, the IR reciever blug on either side (which makes it 8 wide!), and a ~4x6x3 black battery box cavity on top of the base plate.

This for one means that no 4 wide bodies, like the BNSF, are possible.

I love the remote control-ness of it all, perhaps even at the expense of lossing the metal rails and having to deal with the batteries, but the all-in-one design, BUTE (Big Ugly Train Element), is unfortunately very limiting.

SteveB

More like 4x10x~4, or so we’ve heard, mainly to house the electronics. So, you could do a 4-wide body, so long as it’s the same colour as the baseplate!

Jason Railton