 Trains / 26490
Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:50:47 GMT

Christopher Masi wrote:
Michael Harrod wrote:

This whole discussion makes me long for the early 1990s, when 9-volt
trains were
in their infancy, and Toys R Us (at least my local one) not only had
them IN
STOCK, but actually placed them in the same area of the store with
OTHER MODEL
TRAINS...granted, I was in no position to buy one or any of those
trains, but
knowing that TRU had them made me feel good. Nowadays you can't find
ANY Lego
trains in TRU.

Jumping in my way back machine, I remember when they had the battery
powered 7722, a station, and a level crossing in the train section of
TRU. It was just too cool.
The ealy 90's were great too. My wife (then girfriend) bought me my 4563
the first year they were out. I got a Metroliner the next year. We were
both poor grad students at the time, but those sets were worth it. I got
a club car for my birthday during that time too.

Man, those were the glory days for off the shelf LEGO train sets...

I hope 9v doesn't die. But it sounds like that's where it's headed.
Mike

Chris

I should have added that now is a very good time for trains too, but
ironically, the good times I am talking about are all the train/LEGO
clubs and the still active on-line community.

Chris

--
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/

Learn about brittle bone disease