 Trains / 26464
Re: Hobby Train - the no future train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 03:57:01 GMT

Lately I have been rather impressed with the bold steps that TLC had been making
lately -- Mindstorms NXT being one, the Vikings line is cool and so on.

I am also convinced that the adult market is big enough for TLC to be concerned
and it shows in the Enzo Ferrari (1:10), some of the new Technic and SW sets
that I actually saw marketed as "Gifts for Dad" in a Lego store.

Hopefully this bodes well for the "Hobby Train" too. Jake is a big fan of
trains, maybe he has some news to bolster our optimism?

-Ram

PS: The BNSF colour clue that was given out before the set was released -- that
was cited in a new article on how Lego was selling sets with NO MARKETING (the
BNSF locomotive sold 10,000 in no time). I find it hard to believe there is no
future in the 9v line... I wish there was more information!!!