 Trains / 26483
    Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —John Barnes
   (...) I feel compelled to ask; do you really mean "sets" or do you mean supplies of track, switches, 9v train motors, wheel sets and buffer beams, and perhaps track connecting wires and controllers? JB (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —Derek Lim
     (...) Both. I guess what I'm asking is whether the entire, current 9v train line will be continued; produced alongside the new line of trains. (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —John Barnes
     (...) I think there is a difference between TLG carrying on making and supplying parts for 9v trains and going to the trouble to design and release sets. From my own perspective, keeping me supplied with 9v train parts is 1000 times more important (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —Jason J. Railton
   (...) I suppose (and it would have made more sense to check your reply before adding my other one - I'm splitting my own train of thought here) that the new IR base length makes it harder for LEGO to produce a new engine that can sell on its own (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —John Barnes
   (...) Agreed! I posted earlier that this 30 stud base totally wipes out all those cool Thomas and little trolley models. (Which, incidently, are amongst the most popular items we (LUCNY) run around the tracks at shows per visitor requests.) Even the (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —Mark Bellis
     (...) Surely for a Thomas train, if you make the bogie versions, Annie or Clarabel could use the IR unit baseplate? (URL) Then Thomas could be made using BBB wheels and he could have working rods too. I think it will be possible to bury the new IR (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —Tim David
      (...) Hear, hear, those four wheeled Annie and Clarabels are a travesty created by the TV series ;-) (...) <SNIP> There (...) I think the 'with holes' one, Its backward compatible even if it doesn't look as good. Tim (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —Russell Clark
      (...) Ok, I'm a bit confused. Annie and Clarabel are SUPPOSED to be longer, 4-axle cars? Russell BayLTC (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —Tim David
      (...) Yeah, in the original books by the Rev. W Audrey they pretty were much as in the top picture in the link Mark included, with a composite (1st and 3rd class) and a brake coach (for the Guard (Conducter in US speak)and luggage). When the first (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —Jason J. Railton
     (...) 30 studs would be very long for Annie and Clarabel - I was thinking of trying an MOT 24-stud baseplate. After all, they must have some use (other than a Palethorpe's Pork Sausage three-axle van of course). Maybe you could get away with BBB (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —Jason J. Railton
   (...) When I was at Legoworld, I soon learned that if I wanted the kids to crowd around I only had to run my green and red Percy with a small matching orange wagon: (2 URLs) Salt Wagon>> Chasing the Rocket and/or Penydarren around the same track: (2 (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany) —John Neal
   (...) LOL That's hilarious, but so true! Our Thomas at shows is a veritable kid-magnet and the reason why we devote a special section of our layout to the TtTE characters. BTW, your proto MOCs are definitely awesome! JOHN (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)