 Trains / 26025
Re: Help needed on German trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:30:46 GMT

Also, this site is an invaluable reference:

<http://www.worldrailfans.org/Articles/Europe/Ger-EngDictionary.shtml>

I'm a native German speaker, and I have fond memories of my
Dad and I building a little Marklin train layout.

The German words are often hilarious in their pronunciation and
number of syllables, and I sometimes cruise through the list
for names for servers.

It beats using planets or characters from Lord of the Rings for
your servers. You get names like:

funkenfanger
bremserhaus
dampfdom
huckepackwagen
kolbenstange
saugluft
schlepptenderlok

I'll leave it to you to look them up :-)

Ralph