 Trains / 26002
    Re: Indian EMU —Timothy Gould
   (...) Hi Lar, Thanks for the comments. It's a wide, wide-gauge train but I just couldn't bring myself to go to seven wide even though the model REALLY needs it. I might be able to squeeze one plate lower (need to check on a brickbuilt version) but (...) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Indian EMU —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I hear that! So tell us more about this one day challenge thing? (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Indian EMU —Timothy Gould
     (...) Since Samarth has outed himself elsewhere in the thread you know who it was with now. Basically Swami and I had been talking about building a train (this one for me and the Ghan in eight-wide for him) for a while so I suggested half-jokingly (...) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Indian EMU —John Neal
   (...) Seriously-- why would that be "hard to do"? Aversion to creating wide trains is baffling to me. This MOC could easily be built 9 wide, going by the looks of the prototype, and it would look great at that width! Forget about conventions, Tim. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Indian EMU —Timothy Gould
   (...) If your other trains are eight-wide I'd say this should be a least nine-wide, possibly ten. (...) What I enjoy is trying to capture the look of something with the extra challenge imposed by limiting myself to six-wide (and typically built on a (...) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Indian EMU —John Neal
   (...) Sure, but you can't defy the laws of geometry, Captain! The shape of the loco is clearly a rectangle, so if you chose to limit yourself and create it 6 wide, then (as Lar pointed out) it needs to be a lot shorter. So short, in fact, that it (...) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)