 Trains / 25777
  An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

Hi, all, I know this might just be a shot in the blue sky, but anyway: Lego is most propably working on a new RCX system. At the Legofan site, there is a discussion about things that should be in a new RCX, and someone mentioned Bluetooth as a (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) Well - I am not thrilled with your references to the train as "el cheapo". Lego is a company that has to make money (the whole point of a company). They are making new trains in a direction that will make the train more affordable to a larger (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) That might be a little expensive to put in a system that's supposed to reduce the entry price! Still, an auxiliary output on the remote control train motor (for lights, horn or extra motor-driven uncoupler) would be a great gift to train (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) Depends. Infrared is very tricky for mobile systems, and a train out of sight (behind houses, in a hunnel) is dead meat in tems of infrared communication... A simple (still reliable!) Bluetooth system should be in the same price range as a (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) Well, the term was not my idea, several people in this very newsgroup invented this more or less simultaneously, and, as the new gauge is designed to be chaeper than the other gauge, they are not totally wrong, are they? (...) That would be (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) That just isn't true. Bluetooth units cost in the order of tens of dollars, and who knows how much R&D to set up. Simple infra-red remote control units, to give you on/off or varying control levels cost in the order of cents. Even full duplex (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) Since your post calling the train "el cheapo" was on the robotics forum when I found it (and I don't normally hag out on the train forum), I am in the dark about the origination of the term. The new train was not designed to be "cheaper" - (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX

(...) Correction: These terms are NOT the same as cheap. (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)