 Trains / 25788
Re: An idea concerning the new RC trains and a new RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:05:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Well, the term was not my idea, several people in this very newsgroup
invented this more or less simultaneously, and, as the new gauge is
designed to be chaeper than the other gauge, they are not totally wrong,
are they?

Since your post calling the train "el cheapo" was on the robotics forum when I
found it (and I don't normally hag out on the train forum), I am in the dark
about the origination of the term.

The new train was not designed to be "cheaper" - which implies that it is more
fragile, less reliable, etc. - it was designed to be "more affordable" or "lower
cost".  These terms are the same as cheap.

Bryan