 Trains / 25631
Re: NR 75 - The Ghan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:42:29 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Timothy Gould wrote:

Very nice work, Tim! Maybe I will try to build this for our next M>ltc layout! But then I’d have to come up with rolling stock too...

   Since I know nothing much about Australian trains (having developed the train habit during my stay in the UK) I couldn’t really tell you much about the motive power or anything.

It is usually headed by NR74 - the NR class are GE powered, and the 3 repainted in Ghan livery (74, 75 and 109) are 3000kw (4020HP). Here is a pic of NR74 pulling “The Ghan”: http://www.railpage.com.au/modules.php?set_albumName=The_Ghan&id=NR74_AN3_5AD8_Livingstone_3Jun05&name=gallery&include=view_photo.php

HTH

ROSCO