 Trains / 22763
Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:48:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Main wrote:
I made a small mountain that fits on three baseplates arranged corner style for
a quarter circle of train track.  I was running out of gray bricks/BURPS, so I
added a curved roadplate as the corner baseplate, making a tunnel space for that
as well.  The mountain features a waterfall and is my first attempt at a more
organic looking MOC.  Pics are here:

Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com

Very nice.  Might be a good idea to build up the ground next to the water on top
of the hill though, to make sure the water flows down the waterfall!  (One plate
above the water will do).

I'm aspiring to make scenery like this myself, but I'm conscious that I don't
want it to look like the railway deliberately headed for the nearest hill!  I
also have the problem of building to 8mm:1ft scale with straights between each
curve and trains that require overhangs on the corners of 5L either side of the
sleepers!  That means the track centre cannot be 8L from the edge of the module,
but at the next multiple - 24L from the edge.  I think I'll try a cutting first,
to see if it works well.

Mark