 Trains / 21636
Re: Holiday shopping? Think about Train Power Stuff...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:32:23 GMT

Note that Target likes to clearance all their "Winter Holiday" power cords
after Xmas, often just because they're green.  I picked up several of the
"cross" splitters January for about $.25-.50 if I remember right.

"David K. Z. Harris" wrote:

  Pre-Christmas is the *best* time to shop for Extension Cords, and
Power Splitters. (The prices are about the same as the rest of the
year, but the *selection* of styles and colors is MUCH Larger!)

  My favorite part is a one-in, three-out grounded power splitter.
It's shaped like a +, and it is perfect to put in between some
heavy-duty extension cords. (These allow you to put a couple power
packs (transformers) or even a power strip or two somewhere in your
club layout, and then continue the power to another part of the
layout.

   You can see these at
     http://www.iltco.org/library/articleShow.php?articleid=29

  When shopping for an extension cord, I always shop for the type
that has a clear connector, and a neon bulb (power indicator) in
the connector itself. And it *MUST* be heavy Duty! (Most of our
needs are low current, but once in a while we need to run fans,
or even power tools during steup, so I want to make sure the cords
will carry the load when we need it.

  If you're going to the store to get something anyway, you may as
well look for the holiday decorations area and check for power parts! :-)

     -Z-

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/