 Trains / 21271
Re: COLTC at GATS in Dayton, Ohio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Michael Huffman wrote:
Exhausted & delighted, COLTC has completed our first GATS show in Dayton, Ohio
this past weekend -- Oct. 11-12, 2003 -- at the Exposition Center at Dayton
Airport.  We set up the display Saturday morning before the event opened in
about 4 hours & had it torn down after the event in less lan 1 1/2 hours.

The list of new MOCs include:

   - Bryan Beer's USPS truck
   - John Bucy's beach area
   - Carolyn Cheney's Halloween party
   - Mike Gallagher's bridge & log cabin
   - Lynda Jacobsen's (h)'otel
   - Paul Janssen's (monsterous) dam, long boats, & Huntington building
   - Joseph Woolley's mountain observatory, train crane car, & the
     redesign of his building & lighthouse
   - Crystal Woolley's graveyard & church
   - Derrick Smith's mill
   - my mountain

(forgive me if I forget anything, or have the wrong MOC tied to the wrong
person...)

Anyway, and now the picts!  Two galleries to choose from, so far:

John Bucy's:

Mike Gallagher's:

--Mike.

As evident from the dual posting of a show report, we are still a beginning club
:). Appologies on behalf of COLTC.
Anyway, we had lots of fun. Bad part was a several hour long brown-out that
occurred. We could only run 2-car trains, and those at excrutiating slow speeds
(1 track segment per second). Also, the miniature camera didn't work, and we had
no lights over our display. Luckily, the monorails and other battery operated
gizmo's were unaffected. When power came back to full, trains started flying
everywhere, we had them on full throttle.

Paul