 Trains / 21272
Re: Stability of cars/rails?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:14:21 GMT

Mike Thorn wrote:

At 08:45 PM 10/13/2003, you wrote:
Then, if the LEGO track radius is sufficient, my idea still would work,
just put the arm on the outside, and definately use a wheel this time.
Nothing visible within the track circle!

I'm not sure I understand that. Are you saying use two separate tracks and
put the "outrigger" on the outer track?

I basically want to circle an object (in this case a large one) with the
camera. I'm not sure how an arm on the outside helps that...can you
explain? :)

The arm on the outside, which has some weight on it, will prevent the car
from waggling on the bogies, thus keeping it 100% steady on the track. See
http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/camcar.jpg for a sample...
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit