 Trains / 19164
Re: New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:05:13 GMT

M. Moolhuysen wrote:

Just for your information, are you familiar with this ingeneous remote
switch solution designed by Rick Clark:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=16648 ?

Many thanks for the props. I made a slight change in the original design
so that it incorporates a LEGO rubber band rather than getting power
directly from the motor shaft. It didn't increase the size at all, and
eliminated an intermittent motor-stalling problem I was having. I'll try
to post an update in the next few weeks.

Rick C.

PS. Just to be clear, this is referring to a remote SWITCH solution.
When I read MM's post (too quickly, in hindsight), I thought he was
referring to my remote DECOUPLING solution, which Nate had already
posted about. This is because I'm a dunderhead.