 Trains / 19117
    New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper —Nate Jacobs
   The journey down the long and winding road of trains.... Earlier this month I had the opportunity to participate in the GATS show in Syracuse, NY with LUCNY. This event really kicked my entrance into the Train aspect of LEGO into high gear. I had (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper —Manfred Moolhuysen
     Hello Nate, Just for your information, are you familiar with this ingeneous remote switch solution designed by Rick Clark: (URL) ? With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper —Rick Clark
      (...) Many thanks for the props. I made a slight change in the original design so that it incorporates a LEGO rubber band rather than getting power directly from the motor shaft. It didn't increase the size at all, and eliminated an intermittent (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper —Rick Clark
     (...) Welcome! <snip> (...) Nice design! Haven't built it yet, but it looks rather elegant. The only thing is that you may find that if you're using MindStorms to control the point, it is difficult to keep the motor on long enough to throw the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper —Nate Jacobs
     (...) I am controlling it it with the RCX. So far I have let it run about 100 or more times in a row. The housing stays intact and the switch cycles. I have it set so when it receives Message 1 from the remote it operates for 2.75 seconds. It is (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper —Ed McGlynn
   (...) Glad to hear you caught the bug. I should have never given you the remote control that day... :-) *snip-o-matic* (...) Jeff's design is great, and it looks like you have compacted the footprint a bit. What's the cycle time on the swithching (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper —Nate Jacobs
   (...) I agree, it was a monumental event! (...) The cyle time is 2.75 seconds. Only issue is about every 27 or so times it has to be run twice to complete a cycle. (...) I am controlling it by the RCX. I have it set now so that when it receives (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)