 Trains / 18284
  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) See the resources in the header of the newsgroup, in particular the .tdl layouts available at the train depot. Doodle your design in Track Designer to see if it works first and you'll reduce your frustration. Now to your particular question, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

Brian, (...) Couldn't agree more!!! (...) What Larry has done here works because of the fundamental idea described for the compact cross-over at the bottom of this page: (URL) you have two opposite curves joined together you can replace them with a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

Thanks for the great follow up, Paul. (...) I wanted to comment on this one in particular because it's particularly devious! It REALLY stretches what's possible and shows a good understanding of the compact crossover geometry relationships. Nice (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) Thanks Larry, I know I could have done something prettier with the spurs but I had to limit myself to the track that came with the MOT kit, plus the cross-track kit, plus one set of points. I've since found a slightly different arrangement of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) Really clever! I purchased an HO sample layout book, and spent some time with Track Designer trying to convert them into similar versions with Lego track. The 30-degree crossovers were the hardest to figure out how to emulate. These sorts of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) Since a couple people commented on this one I figured I'd mention that over the weekend I came up with a "folded-figure-eight" that avoids the use of points on the inner loop but still fits on my table: (URL) it requires one more curved track (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)