 Trains / 15651
Re: Train Book Revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:40:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.trains, Ashley Glennon writes:

As you have already discussed (in previous threads), there is more than
enough material to make a train book/idea book worthwhile. There's even a
chance that a company like Kalmbach publishing (known for train books) would
assist with this or, one could self publish.

That is actually a stellar idea! In fact, so good, LEGO Direct is working on
a project right up this alley now. We are still in the pre-planning stages,
but the concept is shaping up to include a combination of stuff:

- Getting started with LEGO Trains
- LEGO Train history
- Tips and Tricks from LEGO Master builders and community builders
- Community projects

and perhaps even some content related to train layouts and displays!

I will pass along more information as I get it. Keep in mind all of this is
very very early on, so things might change!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Sr. Producer
LEGO Direct

PS: My apologies for making an official post within .trains, but I felt it
was important to make sure to follow up directly. Hopefully this is OK!