 Trains / 1554
Re: California Lego Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 11:38:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Mike Poindexter writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno, Adrian Egli writes:
Mike Poindexter <lego@poindexter.cc> wrote in message
I was wondering if there was interest in having a California Lego
Train Club?  I live outside of Fresno, where I can find no AFOLs.
I would like to start a train club and was wondering if anyone else
in CA would like to discuss the idea.
As I am near Fresno, I am equidistant from LA and SF.

I would like to be part of a California Lego Train Club but as Zonker
said I'm one of those who live down in San Diego.  I'm more in tune
toward a Southern Cal LTC.

As you are in southern CA and others are in the North, I proposed having
it based in the middle of the state.  Sure, it is a drive for each set of
people, but not like driving from San Diego to SF or vice versa.
[...]
How would we go about getting a list of interested people for the group?
[...]

I recommend posting a CFD-style (call for discussion) message.

First step:  Post a message to the lugnet groups with the 'Newsgroups' and
'Followup-To' headers set like this: