 Trains / 1495

Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:37:37 GMT

I have never seen that shock absober before. What sets have that part? I guess
I have been away from Technic for too long.

Chris

Eric Brok wrote:

Just some new comments about the orange TGV.  I have had some time to • revise
the shared bogie coupler between the passenger cars.  This newer design has • no
extra pivot pieces, as the older design did.  The only built-in pivot is on • the
bogie plate.  There are two "tongues" that fit into the ends of the • adjacent
passenger cars:  one tongue into each car.  One of the tongues only • translates
"in-line" with the length of the car.  The other tongue can both translate
"in-line" with the length of the car AND rotate along that translation: • this
rotation and translation is nearly identical to the coupler used for the • BOB
train.  All the cars are still connected by using yellow LEGO rubber bands.

I've been working on my Thalys rendition, this weekend focussing on the
close couplings. I designed two versions, one for a shared bogie and one for
seperate, magnet connected bogies. It doesn't use any rubber bands; instead
it uses the LEGO schock absorber piece.
The same principle, but built differently, was used in my Green Crocodile
Locomotive.

http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/models
Select trains from menu

I still have to do some work on other parts of the Thalys, so you'll have to
wait for pics. Soon I'll be able to present the Hondekop train and a dutch
railway station as well.

Eric Brok
--------
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: