 Trains / 14579
Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:18:42 GMT

I'd buy two or three for my self and I'd be willing to help you sell them
thought my FunBrix web site.

Robin W
GFLTC

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Hi All,
I printed the main train poster at 18"x24" and it is really cool. I even
gave a couple away as Christmas gifts. But I don't believe many of you have
access to large format printers, and bring this image on a CD to a copy
center would cost a ton to print, so...

Jeroen has agreed to let me offer his main train poster for sale. I did some
research and found that a small run of ~150, on an 4 color offset printer,
at 18"x24", on nice glossy thick poster paper, will cost about $400.  I
think I can sell ~40 of these and thus cover my expenses if I sell it for
$9.50ea + ~$3.50 shipping ($3.50 will cover a small quantity).

What is the interest level here?
Do clubs want to buy larger quantities for resale???
*** Your comments will determine my actions! So pls reply to this or me
directly. If there is little responce I'll just table it.

BTW I'm not doing this to make any real money. I'm sure it will be more
hassle that any extra cash made above my costs. This is truly a great poster
but I got a feeling I'll be left with many, there just aren't that many of
us! :(

Dwayne and I discussed this and we would use BricWorx for selling the posters.

Poster web page at:
(www.puntgaaf.com/LegoTrainPoster/)
thumbnail of poster at:
(www.puntgaaf.com/LegoTrainPoster/poster/TPTN.gif)