 Trains / 12763
    Re: Lubricating axels, etc. —Steve Martin
   (...) I went back and looked at what was happening again. The problem is definately slippage and not lack of electrical power. I added 2 of the weight bricks and that helped quite a bit. I was able to pull the 4 cars from 4561 then with just the one (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lubricating axels, etc. —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   (...) [snip] (...) No, there has to be something wrong with your wheel blocks. Maybe they have collected lots of dust, maybe they have a quality lack.... If you put your waggons on a table with straight track on it and you make a slight ramp out of (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lubricating axels, etc. —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) <try a ramp, here's how> Excellent advice. If after proper weighting, you are still struggling to get things moving, there is a problem. Ben's test is good. Also examine individual wheelsets. If you flick a wheel with your thumb, it should (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lubricating axels, etc. —Steve Martin
   (...) OK, I tried the flick test on my wheels and none of them spun for 10 seconds. Not my old Metroliner wheels, not my new My Own Train wheels, nothing. The place where my sets are stored is about 80 degrees right now and fairly high humidity. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Lubricating axels, etc. —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Let me apologise. I think I exaggerated. 10s of seconds is a bit much. I just carried out a test with several wheelsets that I consider to be quite free rolling (when placed on a car, that car will go many feet of straight track if level and (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)